2012 Carver Historic District Update
John von Walter of the Carver Heritage Preservation Commission and Carver on the Minnesota has been working on a substantial book that documents the history of Carver on a building-by-building basis.
The first five pages of Carver Historic District provide a great introduction to the history of the area, and then the remainder takes a look at the history of each building and site individually. Please take a look at this and send any feedback to John on Facebook.
The latest version for 2012 is now available here:
- History introduction at the beginning on the Dakota War
- The Hotel Luksenborg (Carver’s first building, first hotel, and first school, page 92)
- The Carver County Democrat newspaper (page 147)
- The Carver Ferry (page 151)
- The Letford House (home of Carver’s first mayor, page 168) – The Valley Transcript newspaper (page 187)
- Perhaps the most interesting addition is new material on the early history of the house called Springside (page 57). If one reads the house biography on Springside and then Googles “Dr. Linda Hazzard” some interesting material crops up….
Community Park Skating Rink Hours
Citizen’s Correspondence – Week of December 31
City Offices Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Community Park Ice Rink Opens Wednesday
Citizen’s Correspondent – Week of December 24th
Carver Lions Soggy Bottom Open Sign Up
How to Prepare for Winter – From ReadyCarver.org
Winter 2013 Parks & Recreation Programs
Carver County CDA Concept Plan Approved
4th Street Reconstruction Project Moves Forward – Spring 2013
City Council Packet for December 17, 2012
Trail on CR11 / Jonathan Carver Parkway
December Villager Tower
The November / December edition of Carver’s Villager Tower is now available for download.
Please support the Villager Tower by downloading it and visiting its sponsors.
The Villager Tower has been written and published since 1983 by Ricki Schultz. She can be contacted at (952) 448-5126 and [email protected].