Title: Soggy Bottom Golf Tournament II
Location: Riverside Park, Carver. 300 Main Street East
Link out: Click here
Description: Bring one golf club, hockey stick, or whatever else you would like to hit a tennis ball with on our 18 hole snow-golf course.
Beer, Alcohol, Pop and Food will be available for purchase at the park.
Cost is $20, and includes a Soggy Bottom stocking cap.
Start Time: 11:30
Title: Carver Fire Steak Fry
Location: Carver Village Hall
Link out: Click here
Description: Friday Feb. 4th Carver Fire will be holding it’s third super bowl weekend steak fry. 4pm to 9pm come get Von Hanson’s steak and take part in the silent auction. Adults 10$ kids steak 6$ or get hot dog meal for 3$. Alcoholic beverages will be served so come have fun
Start Time: 4:00pm
End Time: 9:00pm
The first 10 mins of the video is missing due to a camera error. We apologize for any trouble this may cause you.
- 00:01:18: 7b) MNWARN System
- 00:05:20: 7c) Sign Ordinance – published
- 00:24:22: Mills Fleet Farm public hearing
- 00:39:24: 7d) Mills Fleet Farm related changes
- 00:48:00: 9) Carver County regional trail plan
- 00:49:24: 10ab) Fire equipment
- 01:01:00: 10c) Highway Improvement Project CSAH 11
- 01:04:51: Logjam threatening the levy?
Full meeting minutes are available at Carver’s website.
I’ve added Mayor Osterdyk’s blog to the list of links, where he’s already published the Council Corner.
Cross Country Ski trails at Baylor and Lake Minnewashta Regional Park will be packed and groomed early this week. Cross Country Ski’s will be available for rent beginning this coming weekend.
The Sledding hill at Lake Waconia Regional Park is also open for the 2010/2011 winter season.
For additional information about Winter Recreation at the Carver County Parks visit the Winter Recreation Website or call the winter recreation hotline at 952-466-5237.
The unusual fall flood caused logs to aggregate along the Minnesota River bridge. Although the bridge is scheduled for removal, there is concern that if the log jam is not cleared by spring, flooding could cause damage to the levy.
Union Pacific is responsible for clearing the logs. “By the time they got out to the bridge the water was too low” said City Administrator Brent Mareck at the last city council meeting.
The city is in contact with Union Pacific to resolve this issue.
Carver will be hosting a Christmas event downtown on Saturday, December 4th.
Carver Village Christmas will be from noon to 3p.m. at Carver Village Hall. Santa will be there, and there will be crafts, a coloring contest, prizes, and treats. The event is free but pictures with Santa are $5. Please bring a food shelf donation.
Downtown Chaska is hosting a Holiday event on Saturday, December 4th.
Downtown merchants will offer shopping and dining enticements, hospitality & good cheer all day. Enter to win a valuable shopping spree! Visit www.shopdowntownchaska.org for details.
Free horse drawn wagon rides will tour historic downtown.
Carolers, Santa, his helpers and reindeer will greet visitors and shoppers throughout downtown.
Tree lighting ceremony in downtown’s beautiful park will light the night at day’s end.
Details at shopdowntownchaska.org.
- 00:00:00: Lylewood Parkway – one way street
- 00:23:30: Mount Hope Road and Fornet Lane – street lights
- 00:43:25: Recycling ordinance
- 00:45:50: Public Safety Reports
- 00:52:45: Patrol coverage for 2011
- 01:07:50: Public Works Report
- 01:10:10: Public Utilities Report
- 01:11:20: Parks and Recreation Report
- 01:12:00: Building Inspections Report
- 01:18:45: Engineering: Main Street bridge
- 01:32:00: Planning
- 01:39:30: Planning: Fleet Farm Presentation
- 02:36:15: Carver County fiber optic ring
- 02:47:00: Work session format
The flash video doesn’t let you seek ahead, but if you go to the video on vimeo and click on “Switch to HTML 5 player” you can seek into the video.